Sunday 14 September 2014

The Importance of Self-Belief





Today I feel inspired to let you in on my own journey of how I have gotten o where I am today. Working for my self as a Health Coach and Yoga Teacher, putting on Wellness Events and living each day with a grateful heart and a loved up soul.

Firstly let me tell you it was never easy, I faced a lot of fear, anxiety and self doubt before I came to the realization that I need to play big to receive big. That’s when I choose to stop with the itty bitty shitty comity in my head and I started to cultivate some serious self belief.

Its been a year since I quit my full time jobs in Public Relations, it was one of those moments when the light bulb switch turned on so bright the light shown through my pours like sun beams in summer. My intuition was screaming at me “Leave Nikki! We have big beautiful plans for you if you only trust and follow your intuition”. So as I went in headfirst completely blind folded and shit scared I started my journey of self discover, of healing, of self love and of course self belief.

Don’t Listen to you parents, and your friends don’t know SHIT:

My biggest lesson is to don’t ask or tell people about your ideas, especially your parents. Parental figures and friends want you to play it safe, that don’t want to see you fail so they rather wrap a bandage over you to protect you from any fall, so they may tell you things you don’t want to hear. I learned the hard way of constantly trying to get approval form my family and friends, it was like a sales pitch, me trying to explain to people what I wanted to achieve. They then all chimed in giving me their opinion, their advice and offering their concerns or help. It made me take steps back never forward, it made me feel like my dreams were to big and unachievable. It got to the point where I was fed up with the charade so I choose to take action, because we all know actions speak louder than words right?

So when my intuition was in full swing I just went with it. When I woke up one morning and my intuition told me to sign up for my yoga teacher training, by the end of the day I was enrolled in a course and starting in less than 1 month. When I had an idea for a wellness event, with in an hour I had a face book page up with over 500 invited and sponsors already emailing me to get involved. Now I don’t just think or speak I just DO. Yes fear creeps up and I whip out my sword and slay that bitch to rest, because all the fear is just in my head.

When you believe in your self, you can achieve any thing:

When you walk your talk and live and breathe your passion and purpose, it shows. People look at your glow and say “I want what she’s having”. Do not jump into something just for the money or the image, start something that means a lot to you, serve in a way that’s authentic to your true self. Find that passion, that burning desire to do good things that ignite a spark in your life. Know your shit, never stop learning. You will always be a student in this lifetime, you will always be learning and growing. You will not always know the right answers but you know what you love. If you believe in your self and believe in what you do, you will be a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment