Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Beginners Guide to Affirmations





If you don’t know me by now, you should probably know that I am an affirmations junkie, I have to get my daily hit of a positive affirmation each day, it is my drug and with out it I will crumble.
I started practicing my own affirmations over 2 years ago after I experienced a very low point in my life. Affirmations not only changed the way I thought but the more I said these affirmations and the more I started to truly believe them, they started to manifest into my life.

Last year I was working in an amazing agency, like any job some times people would turn up to work happy other days they would be in a mood. I started picking up on this pattern and decided to send morning affirmations around the office to lift the spirits. It sure did work I was getting requests to send them each morning and soon I had a subscription list of about 65 people from all over Australia and even parts of the world.
I would get amazing feedback saying that I have helped people change lives and inspired so many souls. After starting a new job and juggling a few hobbies I started to go of track and sadly ended my subscription ( for now) this is one of the reasons why I started Mirror My Manifest so I could have an open forum for all to visit when ever they need an inspiration hit.




What are affirmations?

Affirmations are short and sharp sentences that expresses how we want to FEEL, and what we want to ATTRACT into our life. They are the building blocks to changing our minds from a negative frequency to a more lightened and positive frequency. Affirmations are practiced all over the world and taught by some of my favorite authors, teachers and spiritual leaders like Louise L Hay, Dr Wayne Dwyer and many more.

I have a few pointers to get you on your way to creating your very own affirmations, here you go…

Positive is Key:

All affirmations must be positive, if it is any thing but positive you will attract negative energy and know body wants that. Keep them happy and full of love.

Be in the Present:

Keep your affirmations in the present; if you focus on the future your affirmations will not come true as they will always stay in the future. Be in the NOW when you think.

Say it like a broken record:

For an affirmation to work you can’t just say it that one time and expect miracles to work. Hell no buddy you got to repeat, repeat, repeat until you believe and know that what you are saying is true. You might feel stupid you might feel out of your comfort zone, but don’t worry its normal, you will see more results if you stick to your first intention.  Rule of thumb repeat and affirmation up to 10 times morning and night and go from there.

Make it Fun:

Affirmations can be lots of fun, you get to pick and choose how you want to live out your day or what you want to attract into your life, so get creative open up that pretty brain of yours and think about what you really want in life. Do you want a new job? A house? A relationship? Then make your affirmations around what you WANT and just have fun.



Here are some examples of affirmations for different scenarios.

  •       Attracting Love: “ My life is filled with endless amounts of love, I see love where ever I go and it flows into my life”

  •        Attracting a job: “ I have limitless amounts of job opportunities, I choose to attract a job full of love and abundance”

  •        Attracting Money: “ Money flows into my bank account effortlessly, my world is filled with abundance and I can attract all that I want and need”


Have fun with this, its not going to be easy but stick with it. If you need help with your own personal affirmations I am more than happy to help, please contact me at mirrormymanifest@gmail.com

Have fun manifesting your dreams and goals.

Love + Light

Nikki. 

No comments:

Post a Comment