Monday 18 November 2013

The Beauty Behind a Hot Towel Scrub




Ready to add in a daily ritual that will leave you feeling centered, energized and completely renewed. It is quick and easy and has huge health benefits, read below to find out all about
the Hot Towel Scrub:

The Hot Towel Scrub:

A hot towel scrub can be done before or after a shower, for me I like to do it before my shower or a hot bath. For maximum effect, scrub twice a day for 10-20 minutes depending on the amount of time you have.  The process of the Hot Towel scrub has a deep physical, mental, and emotional effect when done at the sink, so I highly recommend you use the sink rather then in the shower or bath.

Directions to Hot Towel Scrubbing:

(I have added in my own personal touches and some products and tools that I use when I do this Technique, I hope you enjoy…)

Sep 1:

Set the Mood: The next 15-20 minutes is dedicated to me, myself and I. So I make my space (My bathroom) the most peaceful, relaxing place you could imagine. I light my Aromatherapy Co Candle
http://www.thearomatherapycompany.co.nz ,with such a pretty scent of lavender, manuka and wild chamomile. This candle is perfect as it had a strong enough  effect that it lights up a small bathroom so you can have all the lights off and still be able to see.

I then turn on my favorite relaxation app ( Healing) it is a free app and it plays amazing bamboo and flute music for 45 minutes.



Step 2:

Fill it up and add Some Love: when filling the sink, make sure your water it nice and HOT, I place a hand full of Pure Salt Rocks into the water. Salt water helps wash off impurities, it is also known to clear bad energy from your self and others who you may come across during the day. I then add a dash of lavender essence to enhance all the bodies senses.



Step 3:

Wash Cloth Time:  Find a small hand towel or a facial wash cloth to use, try and find 100% cotton so you don’t irritate the skin. Fold the wash cloth into a small square. Hold the towel by both end, take a big breath in and on the exhale place the cloth into the hot water.



 Step 4:

Scrub a Dub Dub: Once the towel is fully wet and hot, wring it out and while it is still hot and steamy start scrubbing your body.

Start with your left hand, work up to your arm then neck, all the way up to your face and chest then back down to your right arm.  Focus on your breathing and the scrubbing motion over the skin. Then after your arms and chest, work your way around your back down to your abdominal, and down your legs. Remember to take your time and keep soaking the towel when it looses its heat. From your upper legs scrub down your calf’s and wrap the towel over your feet to finish the scrub.



Step 5:

Give thanks to the moment: before you turn on the lights, turn of the music and jump into the shower, take a minute to listen to your breath, check in with your self and your body and say thank you for this beautiful moment. This is a time where we can give love to our body and be in a state of complete inner stillness. After the hot towel i might even take it own step further and add a clay based Mask for my face. I love the Jurlique Purifying Mask, it gets rid of impuities and leaves skin feeling fresh an balanced. http://www.jurlique.com.au  




Hot Towel Benefits:

  • Reduces muscle tension
  • Reenergizes in the morning and relaxes at night
  • Opens the pores to relieve stored toxins
  • Softens deposits of hard fat below the skin and prepares them from discharge
  • Allows excess fat, mucus, cellulite and toxins to actively remove away from the surface, rather than to accumulate around deeper vital organs.
  • Relieves stress and calms the mind
  • Promotes circulation
  • Easy massage and deep self care
  • Creates a loving relationship with the body, helps people who struggle with body image problems
  • Spreads energy through the chakras.




So you don't have to go have to go to the extreme like i do with all the bells and whistles, but i do encourage you to try and do a Hot Towel scrub at least once a week. Love the body that you are in and give your self a time out.

Love + Light,

Nikki. 





No comments:

Post a Comment